The Media and Platform Operations Consultant (MPC) role will be part of the Product Specialist layer within the Global Operations team. This role requires extensive media and technology expertise, as guidance to internal operations as well as business teams and clients will need to be provided. This consulting includes (but is not limited to) working closely with commercial and operations teams on cross-channel media strategies, proposals/RFPs, data layers, branding setups, creative advice. The MPC will also assist global markets when needed with trade and business structures as well as product advice. Keeping abreast of global market trends, product updates and innovative media strategies will be an integral part of this role. The MPC will work closely with operational country leaders to help teams analyze data and indicate where campaign strategies can be improved. Keeping close contact with strategic customers will be a default.
PLACE WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer
- Works with the General Manager, Account Managers, Consultants + Account Managers as well as Paid Media Managers.
- Works closely with platform partners ie. Google / Google Marketing Platform (GMP) / Facebook, etc. to stay ahead of technology, access betas and conferences, etc.
- Work closely with APAC teams, wherever needed, with technology implementations and cross-channel strategies and be able to translate thinking to teams.
- Ability to work with strong international business team members (MDs, in-market consultants, AMs and marketers) and understand what is required – from business models to campaign objectives, ROI and strategic needs
- Use campaign strategies with enough research and management tactics to maximize performance and revenue
- Be able to spot underperforming clients, then steer traders in the right direction and consult on possible solutions/next steps
- Work closely with Country Managers to understand market trends, customer/market needs
2. EXTERNAL COUNCIL
- Ability to understand the client’s key business and marketing challenges and translate that into how our technologies and services can achieve those goals
- Improve business goals and processes by combining deep technology, product and strategy knowledge
- Act as a support and point of contact to provide strategic (or any other) support as needed
- Help customers understand and know how to read and interpret DC data
- Provide consulting services to clients worldwide
- Track customer pipelines and proactively reach out to HODs to help them with new deals
- Participation in customer meetings locally or virtually
- Assist with initial client strategy and new strategies
- Assist with initial data layer build/configuration and measurement plans – keeping in mind the future and what the best solutions will be
- Heavy Hands in Best Tech Skeleton Setups for DC Stack Customers
- Clear communication of new clients/strategies to traders and country leads
- Training: Ensure that the operations team adheres to best practices and ensures that best practices are up-to-date and relevant. Ensure that the level of training remains consistent across all paid media teams.
- Assistance in the training of sales teams on the Media
- Helping traders with technical issues, eg.
- Reporting discrepancies
- Tracking issues
- Test/troubleshoot new features
- QC and performance: Periodic checks of strategic customers to spot gaps and help teams close gaps (in collaboration with regional managers)
- Troubleshooting: first level troubleshooting and triaging of technical and performance issues
- Pixel spot test/tracking setups
- Tech and product specs: Regular testing and evaluation of new DSP features and feature performance – in collaboration with country operational managers
- Be able to self-train on a new platform and share knowledge within the team
- Execute Strategic Campaigns: Execute strategic campaigns/new integrations to keep up with evolving technology and add value to the trading and sales teams.
- Document strategies to ensure all teams can easily find information
- Ensure all administration is accurate and up to date and shared with execution teams
- Assist finance and commercial team with business models if necessary
- At least 5-10 years of experience in the digital industry
- Experience as a programmatic media trader / media buyer of at least 5 years
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in DV 360 / SA 360
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in buying platforms including GMP, Appnexus and Criteo if on the Display side
- Minimum 4 years of work experience within social platforms, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Pinterest
- Minimum 4 years of experience in DCM (GMP Campaign Manager) / Google Marketing Platform
- Strong skills in navigating teams and where help and seeking expertise is needed. Able to operate in gray areas and with no clear direction on what is needed – a consultant must indicate what is needed
- Experience in stabilizing high pressure situations and tight deadlines
- Experience working within a fast-paced global operations team
- Experience working directly with physicians and commercial teams
- Experience working closely with finance teams when business models are requested
- Clear understanding of digital business models and ability to work with sales teams
- Exceptional ability to think creatively and strategically in the digital marketing space – creating and implementing performance-driven strategies (cross-channel)
- Anticipate and be able to identify areas of improvement for customers – this is from a performance as well as a technology perspective
- Ability to identify and help teams resolve technology/platform issues as well as report discrepancies, tracking issues, and any other technology-related issues affecting campaigns
- Strong background in managing digital accounts with a strong focus on ROI and digital performance strategies
- Ability to undertake and create own opportunities
- Ability to operate at optimal levels without clear direction, MPC should be the direction setters
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to concentrate in the midst of chaos (being able to rationalize chaos)
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage own time as well as assist teams when needed
- Ability to spot gaps in client strategies/advertisements
- Take the lead on brand/customer innovation
- Not afraid to take the initiative in client meetings and to challenge client approaches, strategies and advertisements
- Good technical communicator – be able to turn complexity into simplicity
- Autonomous, proactive and resourceful
- Self-motivated and driven individual with strong integrity
- Very diligent – stay on top of details and understand how they fit into the big picture
KEY SKILLS AND WORK ETHICS
- Outstanding Communication written and verbal skills and display professional and exemplary behavior always
- Specialized knowledge – have worked in a serious, thoughtful and sustained manner to master the specialized knowledge necessary to succeed in their fields; and that they keep this knowledge up to date, so that they can continue to do the best possible job.
- Skill – Professionals do the work. They are reliable and keep their promises. If circumstances prevent them from delivering on their promises, they manage expectations from the start and do their best to turn things around. Professionals don’t make excuses, but focus on finding solutions.
- Attach honesty and integrity always
- Be responsible for their actions even when making mistakes
- They show a high degree of emotional intelligence (EI) taking into account the emotions and needs of others, and they don’t let a bad day affect the way they interact with co-workers or customers.
- Display strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues; demonstrate a strong team spirit.
- Maintain the highest standards delivery, productivity and efficiency at all times
- Organized and detail oriented
- Be accessible and open to constructive criticism
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to prioritize a high volume of projects simultaneously in a fast paced, unpredictable environment.
- Strong problem solving skills
- This includes, but is not limited to, making independent decisions while adhering to company guidelines; Proactive attitude; stay motivated; be independent; continuous personal development without expecting to be taken by the hand.
- Display a thirst for knowledge and a willingness to learn for any situation
- Respect, appreciation and contribution to decision-making
Posted 20 Dec. 10:02, Closing date 15 Feb.