CAMBRIDGE, Mass., October 13, 2021 / PRNewswire / – To help marketing, sales and B2B product managers align priorities and make informed strategic business decisions in an environment of continuing uncertainty, Forrester (Nasdaq: FORR) released today 2022 planning assumptions. As B2B leaders develop their annual plans for 2022, Forrester’s planning assumptions will help them understand the key trends that will impact their respective functions over the coming year and recommend concrete actions to accelerate the process. growth.
Some information from the 2022 planning assumptions includes:
- B2B marketing directors and marketers need to open the doors to cross-functional alignment. Improving marketing alignment with other functions is the number one action required to support marketing priorities. B2B marketers need to ensure that their strategy and action plan is in sync with the business strategy, revenue plan, and sales and product functional plans.
- Sales managers and sales managers need to create knowledge-driven sales systems. Today’s B2B buyers are digital-driven, and the data available from digital interactions can predict which companies, opportunities, and actions are most likely to perform the best. Sales managers need to embrace a knowledge-driven sales system to drive business results.
- Product managers should leverage customer data and feedback to identify new service opportunities. Understanding customer weaknesses is more important than ever. Product managers should analyze customer data and use customer interviews to understand the broader needs and challenges that prevent customers from achieving results.
- Customer engagement managers need to manage valuable milestones to grow advocacy and become customer obsessed. Eighty-four percent of respondents believe that learning from current customers is valuable to prospects who make buying decisions. Customer engagement managers should plan to use valuable milestones such as training implementation and completion to establish regular interactions with customers and make advocacy more consistent and scalable.
- Leaders in demand-driven and account-driven marketing need to switch to real-time buyer activation. With over 94% of B2B buying decisions made by a group of three or more, marketers have more access to signals of interest and intent than ever before. Demand and account-based marketers need to detect and respond to buying signals in real time and use those signals to target, trigger and personalize messages.
- Marketing operations managers need to determine the optimal path to revenue for their organization. Typical B2B customer retention rates are between 76% and 81%. With the widespread adoption of recurring revenue models, marketing must remain focused on existing customers. Leaders must optimize the B2B revenue cascade and collaborate with sales operations and customer success operations to maximize customer lifetime value.
- Sales operations need to have a broader perspective to improve sales efficiency. Ninety percent of operations decision makers say their organization has some form of revenue harvesting capacity, and 40% of these decision makers have already implemented a centralized revenue harvesting function. Leaders must first agree on the problems that the revenue operation function is designed to solve, and then clearly define the scope of the proposed organization.
“For B2B executives, anticipating changes in market and customer dynamics can seem particularly daunting right now,” said Monique Behncke, vice president and group research director at Forrester. “Our research has shown that companies strongly committed to aligned planning are best placed to adapt in times of uncertainty. Forrester’s 2022 planning assumptions will serve as a guide through this uncertainty and help B2B marketing, sales and product managers align their priorities to generate predictable revenue growth. “
Forrester’s planning assumptions provide personalized information and recommended steps for key stakeholders across the revenue engine, including B2B marketers, B2B sales managers, channel marketing, content strategy and operations. , Customer Engagement, Demand and Account Based Marketing, Emerging Growth Sales and Marketing, Marketing Operations, Portfolio Marketing, Sales Activation, Sales Operations and Product Management .
- To explore information on the Planning Assumptions hub.
- To download 2022 planning assumptions for B2B marketing leaders.
- To download 2022 planning assumptions for B2B sales managers.
- Access all research on 2022 planning assumptions (available to customers only).
Forrester (Nasdaq: FORR) is one of the world’s most influential research and consulting firms. We help leaders in technology, marketing, customer experience, product and sales use customer obsession to accelerate their growth. Through Forrester’s research, consulting and exclusive events, leaders around the world are empowered to be bold at work, navigate change, and put their customers at the center of their leadership, strategy and of their operations. Our unique knowledge is based on annual surveys of more than 675,000 consumers, business and technology leaders around the world; rigorous and objective research methodologies, including Forrester Wave ™ evaluations; over 52 million real-time feedback votes; and the shared wisdom of our customers. To learn more, visit Forrester.com.