- Part-time (3 days per week) Fixed-term position (until end of June 2023)
- Based at the Albury-Wodonga campus
- (HE07) – TRP $103,532 – $113,892 including 17% superannuation
About the position
The Advisor, Marketing, Sales and Engagement is responsible for building strong relationships on behalf of the University to achieve its strategic objective of recruiting high quality candidates from across Australia, with a particular focus on promotion of major early entry programs. This will include building relationships with targeted high schools and implementing a range of student recruitment initiatives.
The position owns a key strategic area of the portfolio.
Main areas of responsibility
- Develop and strengthen existing and new relationships with career practitioners and teachers from key feeder and target secondary schools in Albury-Wodonga and other areas of NSW.
- Manage a key strategic work area of the portfolio and associated plan – La Trobe’s early entry program in Albury-Wodonga and focus areas of NSW.
- Represent the University at selected recruitment activities and exhibitions targeting domestic students.
- Provide ongoing analysis of competitor activity including recruiting strategies, ATAR activity, new course development and enrollment patterns.
- Actively contribute to a team environment that fosters and develops effective working relationships, collaborative work practices, consideration for colleagues, and valuing the contribution of others.
- Other duties as requested by the Senior Manager, Sales and Customer Experience, which correspond to the classification of this position and the knowledge, skills and training of the incumbent.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position, you will need to;
- An undergraduate degree in any field relevant to the position with at least 3 years of subsequent experience
- Current knowledge of upper secondary and higher education environments.
- High-level verbal communication skills, including effective public speaking, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations frequently to a wide range of audiences.
- Recent experience in providing course/career information, preferably to senior high school students.
- Knowledge of current higher education entry requirements and procedures.
Please refer to the job description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome Video – Victoria Regional Campuses – See link below;
- 17% of the employer contributed to the retirement pension
- Daycare on site
- flexible working arrangements
- discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to register
Closing Date: sunday 22n/a May 2022, 11:55 p.m.
Job requests: Justine Williams; [email protected]
Recruitment requests: [email protected]
This position is only open to candidates with full working rights in Australia.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
That of the University Health and safety procedure – COVID-19 vaccination and other measures, requires personnel hired to perform on-site work at La Trobe University to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless exempt from vaccination due to a recognized medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work on-site. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, and providing satisfactory proof of their vaccination or exempt status. at University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter; and
- An up-to-date CV
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable point in the key selection criteria found in the job description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working at our inspiring and stunning campuses – the ideal hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners, and communities now and in the future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you pass, you will need to hold a valid Victorian employee check working with children before starting..